- PhD. from Stanford (1993).
- from the novel "An Exotic Matter" - If there was dialtone, somewhere there
was a sender, or at least that was what she had argued in her
- She may have worked with or studied with Martin Schubert as Dr. Schubert mentions having studied physics at Stanford (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRq_LfvTzuc )
Identified as a Quantum Biologist
Projects and Research
- worked on projects at Arecibo (1984 worked with Paul School on project - http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/00/item/contact/Contact.mp3). It has been mentioned she worked on SETI projects and Arecibo is a location that has housed many SETI project.
- Dr. Ezekiel "Zeke" Calvin mentions her SETI work. He references statements from her field papers about some locations being "conducive to extraordinary communications".
- She worked on a project called Marie Celeste (she made valuable albeit tangential contributions to that project) - (http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/objx/lrg/Sensitives1.png)
- She worked on the DIAMON(D) Project with Edward Pillar (http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/02/item/pillar.png )
- Worked in the 90s on a project with - Dr. Christie Novesel - http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/04/item/AnExoticMatter_Chapter3-2.pdf
- Physics Department Chair at Stanford University
- Devra was recruited from Stanford to head the Niantic Project Laboratory located in Geneva
Both of these photos were found on the phone Devra lost (the phone was later bought by Ben Jackson who posted the photos)
During her time at the Niantic Project, she guided research on various topics including something called XM (eXotic Matter). She was unaware that the NIA was associated with Niantic when she first began working on the project.
Some of her work at Niantic included:
- Recruiting people for the study (see http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/00/sc0/metdb1/metdb.html a reference of how Devra recruited Roland Jarvis)
- The discovery of ordered patterns in certain data sets (referred to as "dialtone" by Devra - see http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/00/item/contact/Contact.mp3 )
- She recommended Hank Johnson be allowed to leave the facility to film an episode of his television show, "Nomad" in an area of the Congo Basin because of a large XM spike in that area and to see if early man attempted to mark portals with statuary, which is part if a larger theory that humans are attracted to points called portals and tend to mark these portals with art or other facilities. It was reasoned Hank should be able to leave as he had not shown any affects from a condition called "Shaper Virus" by Dr. Bogdanovich and other project scientists. They identified him as a 'neutral sensitive,' having not shown neither affinity nor aversion to Shapers, unlike others influenced by the Shapers and the portals. - http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/00/item/Nomad.html
- Working to better understand how XM influences humans (see http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/00/item/resonators.html for a reference to working with XM)
As the research advanced, Devra realized that she was not truly in charge of Niantic and the research (see this conversation between Dr. Oliver Lynton-Wolfe and Devra - http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/objx/lrg/replicated.png and also http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/00/sc0/ViralStudy.html ). Devra takes her concerns to Dr. Calvin (http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/00/item/pandora.jpg ) who seems unconcerned with the direction the research is taking. There is a definite split in Devra's ideas and Zeke's. She wants to "say hi" rather than using XMP.
A possible final "straw" could be when she is talking with Dr. Oliver Lynton-Wolfe about one of his experiments. She finds out Director Ni approved a test of linking portals to create fields that would blanket civilians in XM. Dr. Lynton-Wolfe also mentions the green portals are not Niantic's. That Jarvis is helping the Shapers. She tries to order a lockdown of the Niantic files. The recording cuts off, leaving the final outcome of that conversation unknown.
During a test, later dubbed Epiphany Night, Devra chose to leave the project, unhappy with how the project was developing (Victor Kureze was named interim project lead in her absence - http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/01/item/regaining.html), . Her last known location was the train station in Zagreb. She may currently be in hiding (as the NIA is searching for her) and contacting others to coordinate a counter-Niantic effort (Edward Pillar - http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/02/item/pillar.png - Dr. Jerzo Gorvat and Dr. Pava Pruker - http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/01/item/zgr.png ) .